Our backup MX (aka store & forward) services are built to run on our redundant server architecture hosted at a global tier-1 data center. There are many companies that provide backup MX services as part of their other offerings. Most do not offer the low cost coupled with the following benefits:
Predictive Digital Media’s E-mail Continuity Includes:
- As an administrator you can view all queued messages for any domain added to our service by logging on to your account.
- We don’t put a quota on your account, nor do we tell you that we can only store a certain amount of e-mails for your account. We will queue messages for you up to 14 days and provide unlimited data storage.
- We don’t nickel and dime you for the amount of messages that we queue for your account or the bandwidth you consume. Your account comes with an unlimited number of messages that we can queue.
- Our backup MX service comes standard with DNSBL filtering and virus filtering.
- Our redundant mail servers are co-located at a Tier-1 NTT Verio data center in Southern California. The facility is backed by fully redundant OC-48 connections as well as multiple OC-12 lines.
- We use only the best in cutting edge equipment from leading manufacturers such as Cisco, Juniper Networks, Dell, HP, and Intel to ensure reliability and peak performance across all areas.
- Backup power is used when the electrical power fails or drops to an unacceptable voltage level. In the event of a blackout, power can be supplied through a diesel generator to ensure proper power distribution as well as avoid downtime.
- IFD (Incipient Fire Detection) systems monitor and take samples of the air and warn staff of unusual odor. FM-200 gas-based fire suppression equipment with a dry pipe system is used. Also the fire department is automatically notified in case of a fire.
- Exchange, POP3 & IMAP support.
How does it work?
If your server were to go down due to hardware failure, power outage or internet downage all previously lost mail would store in a collocated server offsite automatically. All your users would get a login to view all of the incoming mail. This means no lost opportunities! No lost correspondence! No more bounced messages!
The best part is if you have an extended outage we supply you with a login to view all of your incoming messages!