Before you start writing…
1. Identify the goal of the content: One reason it takes us so long to write good content is because we don’t stop to decide what it is we want to say. What are you hoping your content will accomplish? Is the purpose of your article to explain how something works, put a customer on a determined conversion path, build brand trust? Whatever goal you’ve decided on, have it in mind before you start writing. Knowing your goal beforehand will help set the tone (and sometimes the filter) for everything that’s about to come next.
2. Decide on a hook: Every piece of content you write should have a hook. Just like in fishing, your hook is what you’re using to catch a reader in your net. Whether it’s a news hook, an attack hook, a humor hook …
Location: Gaither High School
16200 N Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, Florida 33625
• Open to the Public
• Free Parking
• Give Aways
• And much, much more!
We look forward to seeing you there, stop by and drop off your business card for a chance to win at the MONEY Tree!
Come see what the BUZZ is all about!
Stop by our booth and leave your business card for a chance to win 500 Free Business Cards* , or the opportunity to win 1 year of Web Hosting Free*! (some conditions apply!)
Here is some very informative information regarding the Google Panda Algorithm Update:
What we know Google is looking at with the Panda update:
- User comfort level in the trust area (think credit card/medicine comments)
- Is it considered authoritative (this would apply some indication of expertise on topics covered, I would think)
- Is the content quality good enough for print? (I’ve seen plenty of horrbile stuff printed)
- Are there too many ads? (How many are too many, and does the ad network matter?)
- We know Google has its definition of what could be considered low quality
- Google uses a “classifier” to draw a line in the sand
- We know that so far, Google has not used indications from the Chrome Extension (emphasis on so far. Google hinted in the past that this data could potentially be used to tweak the algorithm).
- Google …
Here are some key points to know about Google and mobile friendly websites:
Google differentiates between traditional mobile phones and smartphones.
Google has two bots: Googlebot and Googlebot-Mobile. Googlebot crawls desktop-browser type of webpages and content embedded in them and Googlebot-Mobile crawls mobile contents.
Currently only traditional phones are supported with special useragent strings within Googlebot-Mobile, not smartphones (this may change).
Google said they “expect smartphones to handle desktop experience content so there is no real need for mobile-specific effort from webmasters.
It does not mean you can’t serve a special style sheet to smartphones, Google said, “the decision to do so should be based on how you can best serve your users.”
URL structure: For Googlebot and Googlebot-Mobile, it does not matter what the URL structure is as long as it returns exactly what a user sees too.
Using the same URL “is not considered cloaking …
So, it’s been a few years since your website has been updated and you know it is time for redesign. You’re confused as to the steps you should take to make a new more SEO friendly website. Here are 8 tips to get you started:
1. Do a SEO Site Audit
2. Include Design Reviews To Develop A Search Engine Friendly Website
3. Determine Important Keyword Phrases
4. Use Important Keyword Phrases In The Site Design
5. Develop The Navigation And Linking Structure
6. Determine Which Pages Bring Traffic To The Live Site For Important Keyword Phrases
7. Review Incoming Links To The Site From Other Websites
8. Ensure That An Effective 404 Error Page Is Setup Before Launch
For a more in depth review of each of the topics, here is a great article: http://selnd.com/8stepstositeredesign . When you need help implementing all of these items, feel free to contact us …
It can be fairly easy to be banned from Google AdWords, here are some tips to help you avoid this!
Launch Campaigns for Your 10 Domains
You were able to purchase a keyword specific domain. Congratulations! You were able to nab 10 of them you say? Awesome, hope you have great content going up on those and using them in ways to target different users. Now your executives want to use the domains to dominate all of the ad positions. Easy right? Just use the new shiny domains and one account each.
Not right. It is against Google guidelines to serve multiple ads for one business. The actual words they use for what is NOT allowed is:
Ads across multiple accounts for the same or similar businesses
Ads across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords
This is what caused so many affiliates to lose …
1. Setup Webmaster Tools
2. Install Analytics, Setup Your Goals
3. Fix Canonical URL Issues
4. Add Your Robots.txt File
5. Submit XML Sitemap
6. Setup Your Local Business Listings
7. Add 301 Redirects
For more detailed information, check out this article: http://bit.ly/7basicSEOsteps
When you are ready to proceed with these steps, feel free to contact us: http://bit.ly/contactbugeyes
PaidContent.org reports a California federal court ruled that it is allowed to bid on a competitor’s name for search ads.
The ruling was done in an appeals court in the case between Network Automation and Advanced Systems Concepts. Both companies sell scheduling and management software and Network Automation purchased the keyword “ActiveBatch,” a trademarked product of Advanced Systems Concepts on the Google and Bing search ad networks. Advanced Systems Concepts sued Network Automation and won in court, but that was overturned in appeals court.
The reason the appeals court overturned the original decision was because the lower court did not take into account the landing page nor the ads being sectioned off and labeled as ads. Due to those facts, the appeals court felt there was no confusion as to the ad.
I should note that both Google AdWords and now even Microsoft …
“Whenever we meet with publishers, we hear one question over and over again: “How can I use AdSense more effectively to increase my earnings?” We’ve written up our top tips here and encourage you to experiment with them and see how they impact your earnings. Happy testing!
1. Maximize your AdSense coverage
In order to maximize your earnings, place three AdSense ad units and three link units on each of your pages. The more ads you display, the more opportunities you have for your users to engage with them.
Also, because some ads are paid on a cost-per-impression (CPM) basis, you will often be paid just for displaying the ads, regardless whether a user clicks on them.
2. Place your ads above the fold
Ads that appear higher on the page perform the best. Place your ads so users can see them without scrolling down …
Market and keyword research
Link building (off-page optimisation)
In 2011, it’s not that simple anymore. Depending on what niche or industry you are working in or rather what kind of site and business model you have, SEO can be a lot of things. SEO can or even has to consist of more disciplines.
Most importantly, local SEO/Google Places SEO or e-commerce SEO/Google Shopping SEO play a major role for many businesses today. Local businesses that also have an online shop need both.
On the other end of the SEO process there is landing page optimisation or conversion optimisation. An SEO process without it is not really complete.
That’s still not enough though, as without king content there is nothing to get linked to on your site or to rank for in Google, so a decent SEO process entails a content strategy. This might include:
To spread these you need social media outreach …